Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Merged Model Updates

24 October 2014 01:50 pm

Dustin T.

• Total Posts: 4
I have a north building file and a south building file merged into a single Revizto file called Merged Buildings. If I make a change to the south building in Revit how do I get that change to show up in the merged file? Do I need to run the merge again after export or can I just "Export" "Choose Project" "Merged Buildings"? I then need to re-upload to the could so that my client can see the change.

Can you run through this process for me? Thank you!

28 October 2014 05:45 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 229
Hi Dustin,

This function is new and quite rough now. Here is what you can do in such situations, right from the beginning:

1. Export north building to Revizto.
2. Export south building to Revizto.
3. Save north building project as new (let's call it "Union"). Merge south building into it. Upload to the cloud.

After that the model is merged and shared through the cloud. Suppose you need to change south building and update "Union". Your steps are the following:

1. During the export of south building from Revit, select "Choose project", export to "Union". (Export to "South building" revizto project as well so you can easily repeat the procedure afterwards)
2. Merge north building Revizto project into "Union" project.
3. Sync "Union" project.

Next time the client opens the model, he sees the update.

So key knowledge that you can get from my instructions:

1. Once the models are merged and saved, it is impossible to separate them back.
2. Export to existing project completely rewrites all project data except records about its cloud status (and material and object metadata bindings, to be honest). So after you export to existing project, one click of a sync button will update the model on a client side automatically.

We will most likely improve the procedure of merging files in future versions of Revizto, if you have any use cases or suggestions regarding that, please tell it to us.

Hope this helps.

04 November 2014 10:45 am

Adam W.

• Total Posts: 4
Is is possible to separately control the visibility of merged models in the Viewer? We would like to use this function to essentially toggle options of a design.

09 November 2014 11:53 pm

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, this is impossible right now because it will noticeably affect program performance (it goes against our format optimizations).

11 June 2015 02:28 pm

John T. [25765]

• Total Posts: 1
Is there an update to this?

From my understanding I have to merge everytime I do an update? I merged into my architectural Revit, so I'll have to export that again with all of the sheets. Is there a way to have a central combined and update the single models and synch to central?

Thanks

John

11 June 2015 02:52 pm

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Hi John,

We are currently working to make merge function more usable. We plan to include that in Revizto 3.5 (end of July).

16 June 2015 07:56 am

Michel R.

• Total Posts: 3
I've been using the merge feature without any problems so far.

However this week when i tried to merge some projects, after the merging process is done, the only option available is "Save As".

So after each merge, i have to "save as", close the revizto editor, open it up again, merge, save as, close , open it up... etc if i want to merge more than one project.

This started when i update the revizto this week.

16 June 2015 08:10 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Hi Michel,

This can be a problem related to rights. Could you please tell me about both projects, whether they are cloud or not? If yes, what are your rights (owner, edit, view)? In which program they were created (Revit, SketchUp, etc)? Can you open each project separately in the Editor and check whether the toolbar is disabled?

Thank you.