Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Object parameter Data

12 November 2014 02:13 am

Andrew F.

• Total Posts: 3
How do i choose what data is exported from a revit?
I know i can manually add data in the object settings in the revizto editor, but is there an automated way i can pull custom data that's already added in revit? is there a shared parameters file or similar that i can utilise? e.g. i've got a pump family in revit with Power, flow and pressure information i've added to the family which would be useful in the revizto viewer

12 November 2014 02:55 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Andrew,

It actually should pull this data automatically. Could you please share the family with me in a PM, so we can have a look and say why this can happen?

Thank you.

12 November 2014 03:29 am

Andrew F.

Hi alexey,
i think i've fixed it, i realised that i'd added the data to the instance within a project through a project parameter,
so i edited the family to include the data in the family instead and that seems to work. Does revizto extract data from family metadata only or can project values be pulled across too?

i also want to see data for MEP pipes to see their diameter etc. but this doesn't seem to come in either, i've attached a screenshot showing what information does come over

12 November 2014 05:19 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Andrew,

Due to optimization purposes Revizto can show only Family parameters and not instance parameters. Probably that's the case with pipes as well. If it's not, please share a sample Revit model containing the pipe with me in a PM.

Thank you.

12 November 2014 05:32 am

Andrew F.

thats such a shame, i've got a large model with lots of various pipework but i can't click on a pipe and find out if its a 50mm Ø or 1000mmØ if its the same pipe family. other than that the software if great!

13 November 2014 01:02 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Andrew,

I forgot one thing. Revizto Viewer is able to show instance name, when you click on it. So if the name of the pipe has diameter, you can see it.

By the way, you can try our Revizto 3.0 Release Candidate and check what we've done in the Viewer regarding metadata and object information:

http://revizto.com/en/revizto-3.0

I just can tell you that in 3.0 working with objects' metadata is much better in Viewer.