Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Object Properties out of view

13 April 2015 09:45 am

russell l. [24117]

• Total Posts: 2
Hi All,

I've added information in the object properties in the editor ... but when I double click the object in the viewer the properties window is off the bottom left hand side of the screen and there doesn't seem to be a way to drag it into view.

I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

It happens in both windowed and non windowed viewing, and at a range of sizes.

Any advice on how to fix this is much appreciated.

Cheers

14 April 2015 03:24 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Russell,

From what I see on the screenshot, properties window contains just one value - that's why it looks so small. The problem could have arised if you didn't fill both key and value fields (each parameter must have key and value) and therefore it wasn't saved to the model.

On a side note: currently it is impossible to add parameters to separate objects in the Editor for SketchUp based models. All parameters you add in the Editor will be shared among all objects in the scene.

14 April 2015 08:02 am

russell l. [24117]

• Total Posts: 2
Hi Alexey,

Thanks, that helps! I've now got properties showing up ... but, strangely, except for the object name and source project the other properties get listed twice.

I also found that using FBX models imported from 3ds Max works the same as for Sketchup ... one property for all objects in the scene ... is that what you would expect?

If I created object properties within 3ds Max, would they come across? I'l try and let you know how I go.

Cheers, and thanks again ... its a very impressive interface.

14 April 2015 08:27 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Right now the parameters system is designed mostly for Revit originated projects. We will probably solve the problem with other formats in future. Properties from 3ds Max are currently not supported.

The properties could have listed twice if you added them on two different objects consequently, then saved the scene.