Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Oculus requiring 1080p Monitor

08 September 2015 12:30 pm

anthony p. [29309]

• Total Posts: 5
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this.

When using the viewer on a monitor that is smaller than 1080p the oculus we have (dk2) will not display correctly.  I can view other oculus applications (demos and what not) and they all view fine.  Once I connect the machine to a 1080p monitor though, revizto viewer works correctly with the oculus.

09 September 2015 01:49 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Anthony,

The resolution of the monitor is not the reason of the problem. We have successfully launched it on 1600x1200 and 1600x900 monitors without any problems. What kind of problem you have, can you describe it in more details?

Thank you.

09 September 2015 05:01 am

anthony p. [29309]

I have a monitor that has a resolution smaller than 1080p.  When you launch the viewer it asks you to choose a resolution.  1080p isn't listed because the monitor connected to the computer doesn't support it.  We choose the highest available (have also chosen 720p) and when the app launches the right eye is half off the screen both on the monitor and in the headset.

If I change out the monitor with one that supports 1080p, the issue goes away.

Last Edit: 09 September 2015 05:14 am by anthony p. [29309]
09 September 2015 05:43 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
In your case looks like the Oculus wasn't set up as a main monitor in Windows screen settings.

Anyway, you should try direct mode of the Oculus (it works slightly better than extended). Have you seen this article?

http://help.revizto.com/viewer/oculus-integration

09 September 2015 05:51 am

anthony p. [29309]

We don't use our Oculus as an extended monitor; it is only used in direct mode and version 7 of the SDK won't support using the Oculus as an extended monitor anyway so it would be counter productive to use SDK 6 that way since an update would disable that ability.

From Oculus's website

The removal of the legacy Extended Mode means that users can no longer manage the Oculus Rift as an extended monitor, which will affect some games. Additionally, Standalone Mode (which uses the Oculus Rift as the only display device) is no longer supported.

Our setup has already been adjusted to the link you sent me to prior to me asking for help.  We also use the D3D switch.

11 September 2015 11:46 am

anthony p. [29309]

I was hoping to have a fix for this.  If there isn't one I would at least like to know that so I can figure out a different setup.

14 September 2015 02:18 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Anthony,

We currently don't have Oculus device in the development office so we can't reproduce your error. The only thing I can suggest is to try switching to extended desktop mode on SDK 6 in the meantime.

22 September 2015 05:33 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Update: Oculus runtime 0.6.0.1-beta and extended desktop mode should do the trick in the meantime. Here is the link:

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.6.0.1-beta/Oculus_Runtime_for_Windows/

22 September 2015 07:09 am

anthony p. [29309]

We just purchased a new monitor to go with the machine.  Since extended desktop mode is going to be phased out of the Oculus, we didn't want to start using the feature.