Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

rpc trees not importing

26 October 2015 07:42 pm

Ryan R. [30168]

• Total Posts: 4
I am exporting my revit file to fbx because I have Revit LT, and I have rpc trees in the view I am exporting, but they don't seem to be importing into Revizto. The category is not there under objects and they are not showing up. How can I fix this? Is there also a way to place revizto trees in the project I am working in?

Thanks!!

27 October 2015 02:32 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Ryan,

RPC trees are not exported to FBX from Revit cause they are not 3D objects. There is a way to merge trees in Revizto format into your project, I can share a couple of models for you. Just put the files below into your Revizto working folder (you can check the path if you go to Settings -> Change Working Folder in the Editor) and then Merge them in the Editor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36901677/Work/Trees/tree1.vimproj
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36901677/Work/Trees/tree2.vimproj
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36901677/Work/Trees/tree3.vimproj

In the Merge tool, put the trees in the center of the screen and use your mouse for repositioning. Repositioning works in the plane of the screen, so you might need to change your camera position to align the trees along different axis.

Hope this helps.

27 October 2015 01:30 pm

Ryan R. [30168]

Thank you so much for the information and the files! I downloaded them, but they don't seem to be vimproj files. They are zip files that I extracted but I'm not sure how to use them once they are in the working project folder. Revizto can't find any vimproj file in the folders. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

28 October 2015 03:39 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Hi Ryan,

Vimproj files are actually zip containers, and looks like your Windows doesn't show file extensions so you thought it was zip. Just put that archives to Revizto Working Folder without unpacking them. Afterwards, in the merge menu, you will see all those trees in the list.

Hope this helps.

28 October 2015 08:36 am

Ryan R. [30168]

Thanks for the reply. Actually the zip files, unpacked, are in the folder but nothing is showing up in the list except my vimproj files. Any thoughts?

29 October 2015 01:59 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Just download the files again directly to your working folder WITHOUT unpacking.

Hope this helps.

10 November 2015 04:21 pm

Ryan R. [30168]

Thanks so much, I got them to work! Do you also have any shrubs or small plants that you might have available to use?

And on the same note, I can't seem to get lights sources to import through fbx. Is this the same issue?

16 November 2015 06:14 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator