Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Revizto Viewer Configuration dialogue not launching on start.

07 December 2015 06:15 am

Jean-Frederic M. [32722]

• Total Posts: 6
Hello,

On reviewing the manual, I was surprised to find that there is supposed to be a Config dialogue on launching Revizto viewer. (https://help.revizto.com/viewer/introduction) I recently installed the latest version of viewer and have never seen this window. Viewer just stars up directly to the Open Project panel. Without that I cannot find any way to adjust the resolution of the Viewer or set it to fullscreen mode. (Not just maximizing the viewport.) Is there any way to turn this dialogue back on ?

Thanks,

JF

08 December 2015 05:12 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 231
Hi JF,

We turned off this window cause the Viewer window is now resizable. Fullscreen mode can be truned on by pressing Alt+Enter key combination, but it will use the current resolution of the window, so better to start fullscreen mode while your Viewer window is maximized.

Hope this helps.

08 December 2015 07:00 am

Jean-Frederic M. [32722]

• Total Posts: 6
Thank you Alexey. I know about Alt-Enter, but as you said, this uses the resolution being displayed in the window and I wanted to maximize the resolution first.
The problem is when using Oculus Rift. The Viewer starts in Windowed mode by default. In Oculus, the menu bar appears right in the middle of the view and cannot be moved. When the Revizto Viewer window is resized on the main screen the scene resolution in the Oculus view remains constant but the menu panel resolution changes. So the Oculus user continues seeing the scene fine, but the menu panel is still stuck in the middle of the view and now it only has half the content showing in it.   

Unfortunately the Rift scene launches immediately on start. I have no time to correct the resolution and set the main screen to full screen before starting the scene in Oculus. So the solution would be to either allow the user to launch Oculus mode separately from the main scene start, or automatically change the main screen resolution to match Oculus on start and default to full screen when Oculus is present.

Additionally, my 2 cents about the menu panel UI is that it should be dockable and minimzed in-game. Maybe it docks to the left outside the FOV and scrolls to the right when called either by keystroke or gesture.

Thanks,

JF

08 December 2015 07:14 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 231
When the rift is connected, the resolution in the goggles is constant. The menu doesn't have all options cause we cut them out intentionally. You can hide the menu using "o" key or xbox controller "Y" key.

We know that different looking interface for Oculus would be great, it is just not our top priority at the moment.

Hope this helps.