Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Error Opening SU Model From Cloud

26 June 2013 05:41 pm

Randy Collins

• Total Posts: 3
When loading my first SU model from the cloud into my 4th Gen 64 Gig iPad, i receive this error message:

ERROR
Data not parsed! Elapsed time 179.451167! Error: Low Memory

Sketchup Model is 36,776kb,  Version 2013

The 144Mb Revizto file loads and interacts just fine on a Win 7 machine in both Revizto and the viewer.

The Revizto Viewer on iPad sees the file as 12,462kb

Whats the next step troubleshooting this issue?

Also have several other comments not related to a functional problem if you are interested.

Thanks

27 June 2013 05:47 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 50
1. First of all, please use the function “Group objects” (Tools -> Mesh Options).
2. Please use “simplification” function (Tools -> Simplification) of Revizto editor for your model (down to 15). This function will decrease the amount of polygons without visible damage to your model (this should be done before you are using the Lightmap function). 
3. You may also upload your model without any light map calculations (however only for the daytime scene or night scene without light sources). Then there will be only real time lighting, but still very good. By this way you also will decrease the size of model.
4. Please be sure not to use large textures in your SU model if you are planning to view your model on tablet devices. 
5. Before downloading your project from the cloud, please make sure that no other program is running in the background of your iPad (to close all other apps, double click the Home button, and then hold on any icon inside the appeared bar. Then you’ll be able to close them by tapping on red minuses). Some of them may consume great amount of RAM, even such as WhatsApp, Skype, GoodReader, any Map applications, etc.

If described above steps can’t help, please send us your SU file using this address or across private messages of this forum directly to me.

In one of the next updates of viewer for tablet devices we are planning to release the version, which will be capable of opening greater size models.  We are constantly working on product improvements.

Any suggestions you may send to this address.

27 June 2013 01:58 pm

Randy Collins

• Total Posts: 3
Responses:

1. Reprocessed the same model with “Group Objects” selected
2. Simplification was set to 100, set to 15 per your suggestion and reprocessed the model again.
3. I will experiment with these settings.
4. There are no textures in this model.
5. Understood, also reboot the iPad before attempting to load the model as well.

After an 11 minute download, the file opens on iPad and navigates properly, strangely after performing steps 1 and 2 above, the model is 4Mb larger.

I do have a number of suggestions but would like to see if this is workable for the types of presentations I give.

Thanks for the fast support.

28 June 2013 12:40 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 50
Size increasing with some projects after step 1 - it is possible, however final scene will be loading and runnnig faster on any device.