Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Interior daylight

26 March 2013 02:44 am

Evgeny Shirinyan

• Total Posts: 9
Hello, guys!
Now I’m testing Revizto for SU now, and it seems very promising. Is there any possibilty to achieve a daylight effect in an interior scene? What are the optimal settings for it in Quality Light Map window?

I tried some combinations and found at least 2 parameters that really affect - Ambient (over 0 it becomes a bit unnatural) and Indirect pass count (more bounces?). Indirect scale is not so effective as it seemed to me.

In attachment you can find some screenshots - everything is a bit green because of terrain color
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5nhetewtu79mn6/revizto_test1.JPG and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfj77ev44ie0b7n/revizto_test2.JPG). The sunshadows inside are too smooth. Maybe it’s too hard to set it more realistic.

Some kind of an issue - a project doesn’t save its own setting for a scene. It shows the Quality Light Map for a recent working file.

Thank you in advance

26 March 2013 10:27 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 50
Hello!

Evaluating your sample room:

1. It is necessary to set better quality of lightmap resolution and lightmap quality –  it is the main two functions. Indirect pass count – it is enough to set 4 for such room.
2. Ambient – is some replacement (fake) of real light calculations and useful, if listed in item 1. above functions are set to low quality (say, for quick calculation of result). For realistic calculation you may set Ambient to zero (with high settings of quality and resolution).
3. Smoothing – this function is about masking of lightmap nose if the quality is set to low. This function decreasing detail.

Feel free to ask other questions!

PS. I personally would recommend to set lightmap quality to 40 as optimal ratio of quality/calculation time.

31 March 2013 01:11 pm

Evgeny Shirinyan

Oleg, thank you for the answer.
If I get it right, the lightmap resolution (+ LM quality, of course) affects the shadow details?
I managed with a desired result, but the shadows are too smooth. Actually, I stopped testing due to my laptop goes off every time I bake LM (maybe some issues w/ that old Nvidia Quadro FX 570M card)

01 April 2013 12:54 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Hi,

1.Probably your laptop is not going off…. When you’ll try maxed out settings your laptop CPU is overloaded with that task.  Simply this calculation may take too great time. And, as a result, you simply dislike to wait, say, 10 hours…

2.To get sharp border of shadow - simply clear up “Bake sun shadows” check box, See attached screenshot.

01 April 2013 01:32 am

Evgeny Shirinyan

Great! Precious screenshot)
P.S. My laptop suddenly shuts down according to unknown issues - this occurs sometimes when I play Quake or (now) bake LM in Revizto. When I use 3dsmax+Vray for 6 hours render, everything is ok. So it’s not about time or too high settings for baking

01 April 2013 03:18 pm

Evgeny Shirinyan

Here is my short review of Revizto for SketchUp (Google translated): http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://prosapr.blogspot.ch/2013/04/revizto.html&act=url
Maybe it’ll be useful for you

02 April 2013 12:15 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Evgeny Shirinyan - 01 April 2013 01:32 am
Great! Precious screenshot)
P.S. My laptop suddenly shuts down according to unknown issues - this occurs sometimes when I play Quake or (now) bake LM in Revizto. When I use 3dsmax+Vray for 6 hours render, everything is ok. So it’s not about time or too high settings for baking
Possibly: your laptop simply overheating if the same things going with Quake.
To understand what may happen - we simply should have your laptop here to test or at least precise description of problem.

I had similar problem rendering final scene of my long time home video on laptop Sony Z-series using two types of software for film makers (from Sony and from Pinnacle). Same happened when my son was playing advanced Combat Flight Sim (heavy calculations of realistic flight model and AI) on my laptop - It was going off (turning off) after some time of work. When I decided to search why it happened - it was discovered that some laptops, except special big size and for games oriented laptops, simply overheating with hard tasks for CPU and GPU calculations. Its why many of manufacturers offer us special accessories - cooler tables for laptops. When I began to use myself such additional cooler for laptop - there was no problem anymore with heavy calculation tasks using CPU or both CPU and GPU on my laptop.

02 April 2013 03:25 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Evgeny Shirinyan - 01 April 2013 03:18 pm
Here is my short review of Revizto for SketchUp (Google translated): http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://prosapr.blogspot.ch/2013/04/revizto.html&act=url
Maybe it’ll be useful for you
Thanks for posting this!

Will wait for your promised article about tablets with great interest!

About current article, I would correct you a little bit. We are using Unity3D engine only for viewer, because it is ready for use and stable multiplatform solution. Instead, Revizto Editor using our own 3D engine. Currently with SketchUP version it is for PC, but in future we will release also MAC version of Revizto Editor.

We are in constant new development and polishing of current features with great attention reading suggestions and needs of our users. So in version 1.2 you will see Revizto Editor made as plugin for SketchUp, reading data through SU API to get more precise data. We also are going to make even more user- friendly controls and features for both architects and customers. Our goal: to make the process of collaboration between architects/engineers and customers by most easy way.
Version 1.2 with new features will be done as free update for our current users of Revizto.

Please follow our news on Revizto site.

02 April 2013 03:37 am

Evgeny Shirinyan

Oleg,
Will include your commentary into the post! Thanks!