Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Tracks not working?

12 June 2013 09:11 am

Shawn Ridenhour

• Total Posts: 8
I have been trying to add a track in the viewer, but for whatever reason the recording is not saved. I hit record, let it record and when I stop it, there is no track available anywhere. Is there something I am doing wrong. What are the steps to create the recording?

13 June 2013 12:50 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 50
You may find your saved tracks by pressing 1 (see the picture)
You may save your program track into regular video format by pressing 2.

However, the new version 1.2 where we’ve made more comfortable interface in the viewer is on the way. 
Release of v1.2 - this week.

14 June 2013 02:46 pm

Shawn Ridenhour

I have downloaded the new version, but I still cannot seem to get the tracks to save to the scene. I hit the record button and the button turns red and the timer begins. If I click the record button again, the red light goes off, but the timer continues and it doesn’t stop. If I close the dialog box, then nothing saves. It would be nice if there was a separate start and stop button.

17 June 2013 06:42 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Sorry for the late answer.  We were moving our site to the new server.
Here is the instruction on how to record the track and video from track in version 1.2 (please see the pictures below).
1.    Load the scene and press button 1: you are in the menu of track recording. Here press the red button 2 to start recording the track. Red button will light up (3) and digits (4) will show duration during the recording. Navigate, speak into the microphone – everything will be recorded.
2.    To stop recording – press the red button again (it will darken) - your track will be saved automatically and you’ll be switched to the main menu. You may also exit this menu of recording at any time without saving by pressing button 5.
3.    To watch you tracks press button 6 (Open Project) and then in menu select video icon (7) – you are now in the menu of recorded tracks.
4.    Select the track that you want to play. Now you are in the menu of the selected track where you may play this track (8), save the track as a regular video file (9), return back to the selection of other tracks (10) or delete current track (11).
5.    Before you start recording tracks, it is good to check whether the current video settings are OK for you. There you can change the resolution of the exported video (if you decide to save the track as a regular video file), select the microphone device and switch on/off voice recording. 
6.  When you’ll convert your track into regular video, please don’t forget to select the folder where you’ll store the video file (see the last picture 0009).

17 June 2013 06:45 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Next screenshots:

17 June 2013 06:54 am

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Additional info, if you are using Mac viewer:
In some rare cases at first converting from track into regular video .mov, you may get the first file saved in a wrong format due to absence of such video codec on your Mac. There will be stored empty file of 185 kb size.
However when you’ll repeat converting - video saving will be done in proper format and size (Mac OS will download automatically the proper codec)

20 June 2013 02:44 pm

Shawn Ridenhour

Thanks,

It seems to be a problem with my files. I have tried the Dairy Queen Demo on your website and it works perfectly. Could you look at my file to see if you can get it to work? I can send you a link via FTP.

20 June 2013 11:28 pm

Oleg Maddox

• Administrator
Yes, we can evaluate your files to help and understand where is the problem.
You may send us a link using private message feature of the forum.
Or, using regular service address of our site with the subj “test for video recording”

PS. When users send us their problematic files, sometime we may descover and add some new features in our product… or simply correct something for proper work. This is one of the best way to make a perfect product - collaboration with users.