Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Best way to Present to Clients?

10 October 2013 02:35 pm

richardsmith@xnet.co.nz

• Total Posts: 4
Hi there,

I was just wondering what settings would be best used to present projects to private clients without any problems caused when they want to access it.   

At present I have set the conditions to 'public' with them having the ability to 'edit' the project.   Would this be deemed as appropriate?

Here is the project

http://www.revizto.com/project/2140/view

Cheers
Richard

Last Edit: 10 October 2013 02:37 pm by richardsmith@xnet.co.nz
18 October 2013 01:13 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Richard,

Currently we have two ways of sharing: public and personal. Public sharing makes your project visible to everyone on the Revizto website and, if you specify, allows to open 3D in Web Viewer. If you make your project Public, enable 3D and share a link with your client - client will have no problems in accessing it.

However, only relatively small projects now can be opened with the web viewer. For the big projects you'll not be able to allow showing 3D in the Web VIewer. For such projects you should use private sharing by email.

Private sharing allows a client to see your project in his Revizto Viewer application when he is logged in. He will also be able to open it in browser with the same link as you (but if the project is set to "private" - he must be logged in). With the edit rights your client will be able to view the model and upload screenshots and videotracks directly to the project.

So in your case the summary is:

You make the project public, and everybody is able to view it in Web Viewer without even logging in (including your client).

You make it private and share by email - only your client will see it, but he must be logged in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Alexey.

18 October 2013 06:29 pm

richardsmith@xnet.co.nz

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your feedback.   Yep that makes everything much clearer.

My client has however been having problems accessing it even when set to public with their email set on edit in the 'Project Working Groups'.   I'm thinking it must be a hardware or internet accessibility issue??   Their first issue was based around something to do with synchronisation, their recent problem as described in a message was the 'site locks continuously so cannot view updated plan'.   Not sure what is going on their.   O well, resorted back to sketchup layout to present...

Cheers
Richard

22 October 2013 06:26 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Unfortunately I cannot tell you why your client got a "synchronization error", it should be investigated closely. The "site locks continuously" issue is also not very clear... Did you explain about clicking right mouse button to navigate around? I've checked your project and it is shown absolutely fine in my browser without any problems...

22 October 2013 01:22 pm

richardsmith@xnet.co.nz

Yeah it isn't so clear to me either.   O well, the more I use to present and share with clients the more I'll see how it works (or doesn't) for them.   I guess one thing I can do is send them a link to viewer tutorial http://www.revizto.com/support/tutorials/revizto-viewer to give them a guide on how to use and possibly a link to the system requirements http://www.revizto.com/products/revizto-viewer to make sure their computers are up to spec...

Cheers