Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

View Distance

06 December 2013 01:39 pm

David

• Total Posts: 7
I have a model in which I have created a large mesh as the ground plane. It includes mountains in the far distance. When I launch the viewer, it's smooth as butter but the draw distance is so close I cannot see the distant mountains. Is there any way to manually increase the draw distance?

09 December 2013 05:12 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi David,

Unfortunately you can't control drawing distance manually. You may consider setting a custom skybox with the mountains as an alternative solution.

Regards,
Alexey

05 December 2014 05:08 am

Braikenridge

• Total Posts: 13
Alexey,

Can you tell us what the draw distance is, in metres from a sketchup model inside the viewer?.

So if I had a long street of houses, what is the % of visiblity (ie atmosphere) at 100m? 200m? 300m? 400m? 500m? 1000m? etc

Also, do the sun and shadows move in realtime or is it a fixed position day or night mode?

Thanks

Nick

09 December 2014 01:22 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
Hi Nick,

You can control drawing distance in Camera Settings in the Viewer, by default it is 1000 ft. What is outside the drawing distance is completely invisible.

Sun and shadows can be set in Revizto Editor (Illumination -> Environment), but this doesn't change dynamically.

09 December 2014 02:24 am

Braikenridge

• Total Posts: 13
Thanks Alexey. Is 1000 feet the maximum draw distance? I plan to be able to allow the viewer to climb up stairs to the top of church towers in my model and so obviously if 1000 feet is the draw limit theres no point me modelling basic field contours and 2d trees / hedgerows 1-2 miles away etc!

regards Nick

10 December 2014 05:16 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
The maximum draw distance is 50000 ft. However, this can lead to z-fighting and shadow accuracy problems. If you increase draw distance to such a great value make sure that in graphics settings SSAO shader is turned off.