Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Export to Sketchup causing crash

28 December 2013 02:36 am

marcusbelldesign@gmail.com

• Total Posts: 7
Hello Revizto,
I'm having an issue when I try to export from Sketchup.
I have successfully exported to Revizto several models after purging all unused componets, etc. and running the cleanup plugin but problem persists.

On one model I just exported from Sketchup the FBX file then imported into Revizto just fine.
After opening in the editor the model was sluggish and did not have the textures.
Opening in Revizto Viewer the model worked normally.

These are models of homes that have been created in SoftPlan then imported 3DS into Sketchup then
saved as sketchup model.
The models are only the exterior shell of the house with textures and no lights.
They're not big models less than 20mb.
Are there any tips to prepare the sketchup model for export?

Otherwise Revizto works great.
Thank you very much,
Marc

29 December 2013 01:27 pm

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Hi Marc,

Why don't you use Revizto plugin to export directly from SketchUp? Here is the link to the instruction on how to export from sketchup:

http://help.revizto.com/Subsystems/Default/Content/exportsu.htm

Could you please tell me whether this helps?

29 December 2013 01:51 pm

marcusbelldesign@gmail.com

• Total Posts: 7
Hi Alexey,
I am using the plugin to export.
I have exported several models but something  is still causing Sketchup to shut down when exporting. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I tried deleting some textures and it would then go.

Is there something to look for with the textures or other things that could cause this?
It may be something I'm doing wrong, just not sure what yet.

Thank,
Marc

29 December 2013 02:15 pm

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 238
Marc, I can tell you the exact reason if you share the initial sketchup model with me. We promise not to use it other than in testing purposes. You can use my email or PM me to share.