Welcome guest, please Login or Register
forgot password?

Forum

Future capabilities

24 May 2014 10:31 am

Braikenridge

• Total Posts: 13
Greetings,

following a 30 day trial I intend to buy Revizto.

As it employs game engine technology, do you envisage future stand alone capability to compete with, say Unity3D whereby sketchup users have one button access to a full game world with poser/daz import animated figure and vehicle capability, smoke particles etc?

Also, a quick question, how does the viewer handle water? do you fall through and keep falling or walk on it?

Regards Nick

26 May 2014 03:54 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 232
Hi Nick,

Revizto Viewer is actually Unity-based, so we are not going to compete with it obviously. Instead, we are making some of Unity capabilities available for a wider range of people (making it simpler for SketchUp users).

About water: treat it as a texture. If parent object has collisions - you won't fall through. If it doesn't have - you will fall.

Regards,
Alexey.

16 July 2014 06:12 am

jeremyn@mbiarch.com

• Total Posts: 1
With the title of this post I feel this is the best place for this.  I didn't see a wish list section on the forums either so here are a couple things I would like to see.

Tools in the editor for adding in objects.  Trees, people, cars, and so on.  I know that you can place objects in your scene in Revit or Sketchup, but if there were tools available to add in more unity engine friendly objects that wont impact the performance that would be preferable. 

Grass!!! If there is one thing that can make a scene look 100% better imo is grass.  It adds a layer of realism that people seem to like.  I thought at one point you guys had posted a video about grass coming in a newer version but I can't seem to find that anywhere now.

Day/Night toggles in the game mode

17 July 2014 05:00 am

Alexey Zuev

• Administrator
  • Total Posts: 232
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

jeremyn@mbiarch.com - 16 July 2014 06:12 am
Tools in the editor for adding in objects.  Trees, people, cars, and so on.

In Revizto 3.0 we will add the ability to load multiple models into one. Will importing FBX models of trees, people, cars solve your problem?

jeremyn@mbiarch.com - 16 July 2014 06:12 am
Grass!!! If there is one thing that can make a scene look 100% better imo is grass.

If you set material type to GRASS_LOW, GRASS_MID or GRASS_HIGH in the Editor, it will be substituted on a desktop Viewer with a fancy grass (not working on web and tablets).